Sunday, November 4, 2012

Promotion, Promotion.

I didn’t manage to post at all in the interim. Promoting two books takes much longer than I had realised but I’ve had one piece of excellent promotion via ‘The Society’ Magazine (October issue) published by The Argus newspaper for The Haphazard Gardener. Link here - http://www.theargus.co.uk/yourargus/society_magazine/features/9983300.The_Haphazard_Gardener/ 
It is a great two page spread with lots of pictures and a well written article.  Thank you to Katy Rice.

I have gathered more followers on twitter and a couple more on facebook; all good for self-promotion and an excellent piece of news that came in last week - Robin Lane Fox has written an article in the FT about The Haphazard Gardener and Arthur which was published on the 3rd November. It is a great article - http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/0dfeb3fc-1e82-11e2-be82-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2BFlHpv2u. This news I would normally have shared at the beginning of December.

I get hundreds of page views but very few people follow but I note it happens on other blogs too. Or there are lots of followers but only the same few ever comment. I have often wondered why that is? But if you do call by and read maybe you could click 'like' either on my amazon product page www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1781764131 or my author page www.facebook.com/TheHaphazardGardener.
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/Alice-ebook/dp/B009OCG21 for my debut novel or www.facebook.com/AuthorOfAlice
This month extra posts will be impossible. I am into the 4th day of NaNoWriMo which I’ve registered for again this year.  Last year I managed the 50K words in 23 days.  This year I’ve attempted outlining more thoroughly and working out how and where the story might go. However on Day One – my writing hand was already making its own decisions.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment